TEST POST: St. Louis Office Plans Controlled Burn of Prairie Landscape

On Tuesday 2/27, Alberici will be conducting a controlled burn of a portion of our native prairie landscape at our St. Louis office. The controlled burn will be conducted by DJM Ecological Services in partnership with Community Fire District.

In order for the flora throughout in native prairie at Alberici’s corporate headquarters to thrive, we have implemented a controlled burn schedule that simulates natural occurring wildfires. These fires help to clear out undergrowth and allow new plant life to emerge through the then replenished soil. As part of this schedule, we conducted a controlled burn last spring on roughly 85% of our native prairie and are currently planning to burn the remaining 15% on Tuesday, February 27.  The completion of the burn is dependent on weather conditions remaining as forecasted.